Tacx Virtual Reality Trainers
Indoor training has always been challenging. Most indoor trainers are noisy, provide limited resistance adjustment and are difficult to connect to your bike. Tacx has revolutionized this field with their Fortius Virtual Reality trainers. We offer the rest of the Tacx line but the Fortius is so far ahead of everyone else it deserves special mention. It also outsells all other trainers combined!
Here are the key differences between the Fortius and everybody else:
- Frame and mounting system - The Fortius has a modern frame that uses Tacx quick release skewers on the back and front to secure the bike properly. This system is easy to use and is ergonomic.
- Resistance system - The ease of use in engaging or disengaging the resistance unit is done with a lever and calibration is easy and repeatable so consistent power readings are possible.
- Motor brake - Unique to Tacx, the motor brake combines a resistance unit and a motor to either drive the rear wheel or resist it. This allows the Fortius to do two things, to give a good "road' feel and to allow descending realistically because coasting is now possible.
- Real Life Video - These videos are tied to Google Earth to allow realistic changes of resistance that matches the gradient of the road that was photographed. New High Definition videos are being created all the time.
- Google Earth - New Fortius models will allow the unit to use Google Earth files to create custom rides. This is an upgradeable feature for current Fortius owners.
- Virtual Reality - Venues such as road riding, Mountain Bike, and Velodrome are availiable to make virtual rides more exciting. More virtual reality scenarios are in the making.
Please contact us below with any questions. We can ship nationwide, can support your computer system and can even provide a media computer for you!
What can you do with a KGS bike when the weather is bad or it is dark outside? How about the Ultimate Stationary Bike! Read more about The Ultimate Stationary Bike